THINGS YOU CAN STRIKE OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST BY VISITING TURKEY
With a breathtaking natural wonder, historical sites, and tradition and culture that is unique from anywhere in the world, Turkey as a tourism destination will never run out of things to do and places to offer to its visitors. It is one of the most famous and popular destinations for tourists all over the world, and people are going here to check-off their box in their bucket list as well.
A wide range of flights are available to Turkey from across the world, and for a hassle-free trip going to Turkey, you can always check and monitor your flight status in a flight tracker like flightstatus24.com to see if there are any changes regarding your flights online.
Going in Turkey and exploring its wonderful cities and attractions are already a check off in your bucket list in itself, but since you are already visiting this historical and ancient country that divides that two continents of Europe and Asia, check this list of a few things that you can strike off straight on your bucket list when you visit Turkey.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride in Cappadocia. Riding and flying on a hot air balloon is an ultimate bucket list for many, including me! and where else is a great place to do just that than in Cappadocia in Turkey? Rising above the ground in the sunrise or in the sunset, whatever time you most prefer, with unique rock formations beneath you, and with colorful balloons flying around you, is an experience you will always remember for a lifetime. A romantic experience, indeed, for couples, and a great adventure for friends and solo travelers, as well.
- Sleeping in a Cave in Goreme. Another experience you can check off in your bucket list while in Cappadocia is sleeping on a cave just like in a Neanderthal time period, but in a more luxurious way. Famous for its fairy chimney-like rock formations, the town of Goreme in Turkey is one of the most popular destinations in the country. People from all over the world who fly to Turkey for a vacation mostly look to stay in the famous cave hotel that was once home to people living in the region. We hate to break your expectations though, the cave you’re going to sleep in is not a creepy, bat-ridden cavern, but a comfortable and lavish cave hotel, that is so unique and beautiful, you’ll feel like you are living in a whole new different world.
- An Ancient City Visit in Ephesus. Definitely, a bucket-list-worthy experience for people who love history and culture, a visit to the ancient city of Ephesus will make you learn more about Turkey’s ancient roots. An ancient port city, Ephesus is a UNESCO World Heritage site that is full of history of both Greek and Roman dating back from 10th century B.C. Temple of Artemis that is believed to be the most famous building in this city is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World can also be found here.
- Paragliding? Why not? When you are in Turkey and are thinking of ticking a few things off your bucket list, find flying on your list and do some paragliding over Oludeniz Beach in Turkey. Paragliding is the closest you can ever get to flying without having any actual wings and Oludeniz, which gained fame when James Bond in Skyfall ran off a cliff in the movie, is a perfect spot to do just that. Paragliding in Oludeniz can be done all year round in the country, and definitely, a dream come true destination for travelers. Oludeniz is also famous for its Blue Lagoon that is a UNESCO World Heritage site, thus you’re like killing two birds with one stone when you visit Oludeniz in Turkey.
- Campfire in Eternal Flame of the Chimera. Probably the best part of going to Olympos, Turkey, this quiet seaside town is known for its eternal flames called Chimera. A famous legend has it that the fire came from the mouth of a Chimera, a monster that breathes fire and was killed by the Lycian King, Bellerophontes. The monster was buried into the ground but flames from its mouth still shoot from the ground. A very good story to tell when you go back from your travel, but the truth is that the flames are caused by methane gas that oozes from the mountain. The best time to visit the place is through sunset, so you can perfectly enjoy the surroundings. Nighttime is also an incredible experience here, as you can enjoy the view of the starry nights while having some marshmallows being roasted in the open fire. It’s like having a campfire, with fire already available for you to use.
- Sailing Upon the Mediterranean Coast. A perfect way to end your stay in Turkey is through sailing on a boat in the Mediterranean Coast that is known as Turkish Riviera. Sailing upon the Mediterranean is in the bucket list of many, with many tourists dreaming of having a romantic date on a cruise. Turquoise Coast is a paradise that can be truly enjoyed through boat and is sure to be a highlight of your tour in Turkey. Other places that you can visit in Turkey’s Mediterranean Coast include Marmaris that is a popular diving destination; and Antalya, a resort that with fancy hotels and yachts, and a gateway to the Mediterranean coast.