Are NCERT Books Enough to Ace In CBSE Class 12 Board Exams?
Class 12 Maths can be a very challenging subject to learn. From probability to calculus, the topics vary. However, despite the subject being tough to crack, most students take it up as the main subject especially if they wish to attempt the JEE Mains or JEE Advanced Examination. Now, to score well in the class 12 maths exams, many students consider NCERT book for Class 12 as the main resource. While these books cover the entire syllabus of CBSE class 12, one should not depend solely on it to get good scores.
Use of NCERT Book for the Students
Referring to books and solutions from NCERT ensure that students understand the topics more clearly. In addition, solving the questions given in the NCERT will get them more acquainted with the various levels of questions asked. Take, for example, the CBSE often asks indirect questions from chapters like Calculus or Vectors and 3D Geometry, and hence it is necessary to solve a lot of problems on them. The problems from all the chapters are explained in an easy-to-understand manner in these books.
Tips to Crack the Exams
- Learn from the NCERT books without leaving off any topic
- Solve all the questions provided in the exercises
- Prepare with the help of exemplars and solutions from NCERT
- Evaluate and re-assess one’s knowledge with the help of solutions
- Solve previous year papers and sample papers
- Refer to additional study material and reference books
- Learn to manage time while answering the questions as per priority
Hence, the best option is to be thorough with the textbooks and then redo the solutions and exemplars during revision time. For more practice, students can solve the question papers and also refer to other sources or study material. Students can also subscribe to the BYJU’S YouTube Channel for concept related videos.